Curious about the difference between Spreadshop Vs Spreadshirt? As an experienced expert in custom apparel and merchandise, allow me to elucidate.
Both offer customizable designs and products, but with subtle distinctions that can make all the difference for small businesses.
In this article, I’ll quickly break down the differences between these two platforms so you can decide which one is best for your needs.
- Spreadshirt is an e-commerce platform for custom apparel, while Spreadshop allows entrepreneurs to open their own online shops.
- Spreadshirt offers both digital and screen printing options, whereas Spreadshop specializes in digital printing only.
- Spreadshirt has a wide range of product choices, while Spreadshop’s product selection is more limited.
- Spreadshop has no setup or monthly fees, but charges higher commission rates compared to Spreadshirt.
Quick breakdown: spreadshop vs spreadshirt
As someone familiar with both Spreadshop and Spreadshirt, I can provide a quick breakdown of the two services.
- When it comes to design options, Spreadshirt offers an extensive range of templates and custom designs, while Spreadshop allows for more customization.
- In terms of product range, Spreadshirt has a larger selection than Spreadshop.
- Cost-wise, both offer competitive prices, but they have different pricing structures, so it’s important to compare them before selecting one option over the other.
- Furthermore, their printing methods vary as well. While both offer high-quality prints, you may find that one works better for your specific needs.
- Finally, when it comes to order processing and delivery times, both provide efficient services, so you won’t be disappointed in either choice!
|Design Options||Comprehensive customization possibilities||Ample creative control|
|Artwork Uploads||Detailed artwork uploads||–|
|Order Fulfillment||Capabilities for order fulfillment||–|
|Professional Design||Professional design services available||Expert guidance provided|
- You can choose from a wide range of products with either platform. Spreadshirt offers t-shirts and hoodies, while Spreadshop offers mugs, caps, bags, and more.
- Whether you’re looking for something to sell or just something to wear yourself, you’ll find it at these online stores.
- There are also other platforms like Teespring, SPOD, Redbubble, and Printful that offer great seller fees and product ranges as well (see Spreadshirt vs other POD platforms)
All in all, there’s something for everyone when it comes to the products offered by Spreadshirt and Spreadshop!
Cost and Pricing Structure
When it comes to cost, each store has its own pricing structure. Spreadshirt offers a marketplace platform with no seller fees on Spreadshirt platform and no upfront costs for the clothing.
However, they do charge a fee when items sell, plus any marketing costs. Spreadshop allows sellers to create their own shop and set their own prices, but there are monthly fees as well as additional charges for extra services such as a forum or online marketing.
|Fees on Items Sold||Yes||No|
When it comes to printing methods, you have options.
- Spreadshirt uses digital direct-to-garment (DTG) printing for apparel items. DTG is unique in that it prints graphics directly onto the fabric, allowing for full-color designs with no minimums or set up fees.
- Spreadshop, on the other hand, uses screen printing and sublimation. Screen printing involves using ink to print a design onto apparel, making it ideal for large orders and simpler designs.
- Sublimation, on the other hand, transfers images on paper to a garment using heat and pressure. This method creates vibrant colors on polyester garments without needing multiple screens like screen printing does.
Order Processing and Delivery
Ordering and delivery both vary between the two platforms; however, they are generally straightforward.
- Spreadshirt orders are processed within 48 hours of payment confirmation with delivery times up to 10 days (see managing order shipping on Spreadshirt for more info)
- With Spreadshop, orders are accepted 24/7 but process only during business hours with a delivery window of up to 14 days.
Both platforms provide tracking numbers, accept PayPal, credit card, and other payment methods, offer customer support at Spreadshirt if needed, and have secure checkout systems.
Both provide great customer service in case of any issues. Spreadshirt and Spreadshop both have help centers available to customers with any questions or concerns they may have about their products. The help centers are staffed by knowledgeable and experienced agents who can assist you with any issue you may encounter.
|Platform||Help Center||Staffed By|
|Spreadshirt||Yes||Knowledgeable & Experienced Agents|
|Spreadshop||Yes||Knowledgeable & Experienced Agents|
The main disadvantages of Spreadshirt
When it comes to Spreadshirt, there are a few disadvantages to consider.
- The product catalog is limited to just POD products, so you won’t be able to express your personality with the store design.
- Furthermore, there are no built-in marketing features, and you have to wait for monthly payouts.
- Ultimately, these drawbacks could hinder the success of your store if they’re not accounted for in advance.
The product catalog is limited to just POD products
You’ll find that Spreadshop only offers print-on-demand products in their catalog. That means you won’t be able to create custom designs, or get access to any of the more complex printing processes available on Spreadshirt.
|No||Custom Designs||Limited Selection|
|No||Specialty Inks||Fewer Printing Options|
|No||Heat Transfer Vinyls||Smaller Product Range|
This limits the range of products you can offer customers and makes it difficult to differentiate your shop from competitors.
You won’t be able to express your personality with the store design
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to express your personality with the store design as Spreadshop offers fewer customization options than Spreadshirt. With limited color, font, and logo selections, it’s hard to make your shop stand out from the rest.
Here are four ways that you can get creative:
- Use unique product images.
- Choose a catchy name for your store.
- Incorporate vibrant colors into your branding.
- Be consistent with social media posts.
Take time to explore all of your options and make sure that when users visit your page they know exactly what kind of store you’re running.
You’ll be stuck with no built-in marketing features
Unfortunately, you won’t have access to built-in marketing features with Spreadshop, so you’ll need to come up with creative ways to get the word out about your shop. This can be a challenge, as there are no pre-built tools or options for advertising.
You’ll need to rely on social media and other creative solutions like content marketing and influencer outreach if you want your store noticed.
Fortunately, with some planning and effort, it’s possible for anyone to create an effective marketing strategy that works for them.
You have to wait for monthly payouts
Waiting for your monthly payouts can be a challenge when using Spreadshop. However, there are some advantages to this system:
- Earnings become more predictable
- Can reach customers worldwide without needing extra marketing resources
- Easier accounting since payments are received in one lump sum
- Better customer service as buyers get their products faster
- Additional time to reinvest profits and continue making a profit.
The main disadvantages of spreadshop
Although Spreadshop and Spreadshirt’s functional roles are similar in many ways, there are some main disadvantages to using Spreadshop.
- First, it has a lower margin for profits than other marketplaces. You won’t get the same cut as if you went directly to buyers.
- Additionally, there is limited support and customization options compared to other solutions.
- Lastly, payouts can take up to 4 weeks, which is much longer than expected.
In conclusion, Spreadshop is great for some business models but may not be right for everyone due to its drawbacks.
Is Spreadshirt and Spreadshop the same?
No, they aren’t the same. Spreadshirt and Spreadshop are two separate companies that offer unique services.
- Spreadshirt is an e-commerce platform that allows users to create their own custom apparel. They offer both digital and screen printing options. They have a wide range of products to choose from.
- Spreadshop, on the other hand, provides entrepreneurs with a way to open their own online shop and make money from selling products. They specialize in digital printing only. However, their product selection is more limited compared to Spreadshirt.
In terms of cost structure, Spreadshop doesn’t require any setup fees or monthly fees. However, they charge higher commission rates than Spreadshirt.
Overall, while both companies offer customization options, Spreadshirt focuses on providing a platform for individuals to create their own apparel, while Spreadshop caters to entrepreneurs looking to start their own online shop.
Frequently Asked Questions
After comparing Spreadshirt and Spreadshop, it’s clear that they both offer great options for custom apparel and merchandise. However, there are some distinct differences between them.
While Spreadshirt is more accessible to customers of all sizes, Spreadshop offers a tailored package for small businesses.
Ultimately, the choice comes down to which company best fits your needs – and even then, you might find yourself pleasantly surprised by what each has to offer!
With both platforms offering similar features, though, I can’t help but feel like I’m being torn between two great choices – an ironic dilemma if ever there was one!
If you have any questions or would like to read more about detailed Spreadshirt platform assessment, or how to know ways for running a print-on-demand business, Kindly drop them at wlo-usa.org to get help. We’re happy to accompany all of you anytime you need. with us to get help.