You’d think selling products on Etsy-POD would be easy, but I’ve found out the hard way that it’s not always so simple.
After experiencing one publishing error after another with Printify-POD, I quickly learned there are certain considerations to take into Printify account when trying to publish products to Etsy-POD.
Come with me as we explore the reasons behind these frustrating Printify Publishing Error Etsy and what you can do to avoid them.
- Publishing fails if the minimum product price is not met
- Setting the shop currency to USD is recommended for consistency with Printify-POD
- Adjusting the retail price in the shop currency can help meet the minimum requirements
- Troubleshooting and support are available for resolving publishing errors
Why can’t I publish my products to Etsy & Reasons For Printify Publishing Error Etsy
I’m having trouble publishing my products to Etsy-POD, and it could be due to several reasons.
- My Etsy shop may not have been activated.
- I may need to renew my Etsy-POD connection token.
- I might have selected a shipping profile that uses calculated prices.
- My listing products on Etsy via Printify may have been deactivated.
- My store might not be live.
All of these can cause Printify publishing errors in the integration with Etsy-POD. So, it’s important for me to troubleshoot the problem and say what is causing the issue.
Your Etsy store hasn’t been activated
If you haven’t activated your Etsy shop, the publishing process may be unsuccessful.
- To activate an Etsy shop, set up preferences (name, country, currency), complete ID verification and payment information setup.
- Additionally, configure shop security and create at least one product listing before clicking ‘Open Shop’ to activate.
Check that the shop is active by entering its URL in a browser window; if it fails to open, contact Etsy-POD support for assistance. Renew token if password changed and previously published products remain unaffected.
Note that Printify-POD only supports fixed price shipping; calculated price are not supported. Deactivated listings can occur due to policy violations–Etsy will send an email explaining the removal.
|Integrate with Printify||Adjust retail price accordingly|
|Create products with Printify||Follow steps to integrate platforms|
|Set up payments in Printify||Ensure currency consistency|
You need to renew your Etsy connection token
You need to renew your Etsy-POD connection token if your password has changed. This ensures that you can still would like access and use Printify-POD with your Etsy shop.
To do this, click ‘Renew Token‘ and log in to your Etsy account. All previously published products remain unaffected, so there’s no need to worry about having to start over again.
- Keep in mind that when integrating an Etsy-POD shop with Printify-POD, it is essential for the shop currency to be consistent across both platforms.
- Although eBay, Printful, Shopify, and other ecommerce platforms are supported by Printify, when using Etsy-POD, it is best to set the shop currency as USD for consistency.
- For more detailed information on this topic, refer to the tutorial page on Printify’s website or submit a support request for assistance.
You’ve selected a shipping profile that uses calculated prices
- Unfortunately, Etsy-POD integration only supports fixed price shipping profiles; calculated price shipping are not supported.
- This means that whether you have created product variations with different sizes and designs on demand, like a t-shirt, your Etsy listing will not publish correctly.
- Closing this thread, you’ll need to select an existing fixed price or create a new one in the settings section of your shop.
- It is important to remember that all prices set on Printify must be consistent with those set on Etsy in order for your products to be published successfully.
Your Etsy listing has been deactivated
- If your Etsy listing has been deactivated, it’s likely due to policy violations. If you receive an email from Etsy-POD explaining the removal of your listing, check for any discrepancies or mistakes that may have caused the deactivation.
- Seen any activity could be something as simple as a shirt sold by Printify-POD being mislabelled or not meeting quality standards.
- It’s also important to consider the VAT implications for Printify Etsy sellers when pushing items onto their shop. Be sure to read up on all applicable laws and regulations related to selling products on Etsy-POD before pushing Printify items onto Etsy.
- Additionally, you can contact the Support Team for assistance in troubleshooting Printify publication issues or other factors affecting product publishing.
Your Etsy store isn’t live
Check to make sure your shop isn’t set to Vacation Mode or else it won’t be live. To ensure an active Etsy-POD shop, follow these steps:
- Check if the URL is accessible in the browser
- Verify that no account settings are preventing the shop from being publicly visible
- Make sure payment information is up to date
- Confirm shop contact information is correct.
If all of this looks good and you still can’t access your shop, reach out to support.
Proper setup and maintenance will help keep your Etsy-POD shop running smoothly so customers can find and purchase your products!
Solutions for Publishing Errors Issue
When managing their online stores, many sellers on Etsy frequently experience a Printify publishing error. This technical glitch often stems from compatibility issues between the two platforms, causing a disruption in seamless product listing.
As a response, Technical Support Teams from both sides work collaboratively to provide solutions and workarounds. Additionally, the user feedback given by these sellers offers invaluable insights into the frequency and nature of such errors, prompting continuous improvements.
To solve publishing errors, there are two options available:
- Adjust your shop currency to USD or
- Adjust the retail price in your shop currency.
Both options will help ensure successful product publishing and selling on Etsy-POD.
- Setting the shop currency to USD is a simple fix that ensures consistency between Printify-POD and Etsy-POD.
- Alternatively, if you choose a lower-value currency, it’s important to adjust the retail price accordingly.
To make these adjustments, follow the steps for changing your shop currency or adjusting your retail price in your shop currency as explained in related articles.
After making the necessary changes, verify the successful integration and publishing of your products by entering your URL into the browser.
If you want further assistance, you can submit a request to the Support Team. They can provide troubleshooting advice and answer any questions you may have about setting up payments with Printify-POD or creating products with Printify-POD.
Printify Customer Support available
Please reach out to the Support Team for help with any questions you have about setting up payments with Printify-POD or creating products. From troubleshooting publishing errors to exploring related articles, our team is available to provide assistance every step of the way.
Here are a few things we can do:
- Suggest solutions like adjusting retail price or changing shop currency
- Answer frequently asked questions regarding product publishing and selling on Etsy-POD
- Provide instructions on integrating your Etsy-POD shop with Printify-POD
Our knowledgeable and detail-oriented staff are here to ensure you have a successful experience when it comes to product publishing and selling on Etsy-POD.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve learned that publishing errors can occur when integrating Printify-POD and Etsy. It’s important to make sure store currency is set to USD for consistency. Adjusting retail prices to meet the minimum requirements is also necessary.
Statistically speaking, over $2 billion of merchandise have been sold on Etsy since its launch in 2005. So setting up your store correctly will increase chances of success. With the typically knowledge and support from Printify-POD customer service, you can avoid these common pitfalls and start selling successfully on Etsy!
If you have any questions or would like to read more about user feedback on Printify, or how to know ways for running a print-on-demand business, Kindly drop them at wlo-usa.org to get help. We’re happy to accompany all of you anytime you need.