You’d think selling products on Etsy-POD would be easy, but I’ve found out the hard way that it’s not always so simple.
After experiencing one publishing error after another with Printify-POD, I quickly learned there are certain considerations to take into Printify account when trying to publish products to Etsy-POD.
Come with me as we explore the reasons behind these frustrating Printify Publishing Error Etsy and what you can do to avoid them.
- While using Printify to integrate your products with Etsy, you may encounter a publishing error. This error often arises due to discrepancies in product attributes, pricing, or design specifications between the two platforms.
- Resolving this issue involves identifying the root cause of the publishing error by inspecting your product listings on both Printify and Etsy. Ensuring that your product attributes, such as sizes and colors, match accurately is vital. Moreover, verifying that your pricing structure aligns with Etsy’s requirements is essential to avoid any publishing error complications.
- By addressing these semantic triple factors, you can streamline the integration process and successfully list your products on Etsy through Printify.
Printify Publishing Error Etsy Store
Printify publishing error Etsy is a common problem that many users can face, and it could be due to several reasons.
- Your Etsy shop may not have been activated.
- You may need to renew my Etsy-POD connection token.
- You might have selected a shipping profile that uses calculated prices.
- Your listing products on Etsy via Printify may have been deactivated.
- Your shop might not be live.
All of these cases can cause Printify publishing errors in the integration with Etsy-POD. So, it’s important for me to troubleshoot the problem and say what is causing the issue.
Your Etsy store hasn’t been activated
you haven’t activated your Etsy shop, the publishing process may fail.
- To activate an Etsy shop, set up preferences (name, country, currency), complete ID verification and payment information setup.
- Additionally, configure shop security and create at least one listing before clicking ‘Open Shop’ to activate.
|Integrate with Printify
|Adjust retail price accordingly
|Create products with Printify
|Follow steps to integrate platforms
|Set up payments in Printify
|Ensure currency consistency
You need to renew your Etsy connection token
You need to renew your Etsy-POD connection token if your password has changed. This ensures that you can access and use Printify-POD with your Etsy shop.
To do this, click ‘Renew Token’ and log in to your Etsy account. All previously published products remain unaffected, so there’s no need to worry about having to start over again.
- Keep in mind that when integrating an Etsy-POD shop with Printify-POD, it is essential for the shop currency to be consistent across both platforms.
- Although eBay, Printful, Shopify, TikTok and other ecommerce platforms are supported, when utilizing Etsy-POD, you still would like to set the shop currency as USD for consistency.
- For more detailed information on this topic, refer to the tutorial page on Printify’s website or submit a support request for assistance.
You’ve selected a shipping profile that uses calculated prices
- Unfortunately, Etsy-POD integration only supports fixed price shipping profiles; calculated price shipping is not supported.
- This means that even if you have created distinct product variants with different sizes and designs variation on demand, like a t-shirt, your listing will not publish correctly.
- Closing this thread, you’ll need to select an existing fixed price or create a new one in the settings section of your shop.
- It is important to remember that all prices set on Printify must be consistent with those set on Etsy in order for your products to be published successfully.
Your Etsy listing has been deactivated
- If your listing has been deactivated, it’s likely due to policy violations. If you receive an email from Etsy-POD explaining its removal, check for any discrepancies or mistakes that may have caused the deactivation.
- Seen any activity could be something as simple as a shirt sold by Printify-POD being mislabeled or not meeting quality standards.
- It’s also important to consider the VAT implications for Printify Etsy sellers when pushing items onto their shop. Be sure to read up on all applicable laws and regulations related to selling products on Etsy-POD before pushing Printify items onto your shop.
- Additionally, you can contact the Support Team for assistance in troubleshooting any problems due to eBay connect instead or other factors affecting product publishing.
Your Etsy store isn’t live
Check to make sure your shop isn’t set to Vacation Mode or else it won’t be live. To ensure an active Etsy-POD shop, follow these steps:
- Check if the URL is accessible in the browser
- Verify that no account settings are preventing the shop from being publicly visible
- Make sure payment information is up to date
- Confirm shop contact information is correct.
If all of this looks good and you still can’t access your shop, reach out to support.
Proper setup and maintenance will help keep your Etsy-POD shop running smoothly so customers can find and purchase your products!
Solutions for Publishing Errors
To solve the errors, there are two options available:
Adjust your shop currency to USD.
Adjust the retail price in your shop currency.
- Both options will help ensure successful product publishing and selling on Etsy-POD.
- Setting the shop currency to USD is a simple fix that ensures consistency between Printify-POD and Etsy-POD.
- Alternatively, if you choose a lower-value currency, it’s important to adjust the retail price accordingly.
- To make these adjustments, follow the steps for changing your shop currency or adjusting your retail price in your shop currency as explained in related articles.
- After making the necessary changes, verify the publishing of your products by entering your URL into the browser.
- If you want further assistance, you can send a request to the Support Team. They can provide troubleshooting advice and answer any questions you have whether it is setting up payments with Printify-POD or creating products with Printify-POD.
Printify Customer Support available
If you are having a problem a thing you can do is to post on the Etsy Community. Keep in mind that prior to posting, remember to describe title and description clearly of your problem and before you start your own thread check for old similar ones, but be mindful to not bump old threads that has been years since the problem occurred.
Please reach out to the Support Team for help with any questions you have about setting up payments with Printify-POD or creating products. From troubleshooting to exploring related articles, our team is available to provide assistance every step of the way.
Here are a few things we can do:
- Suggest solutions like adjusting retail price or changing shop currency
- Answer frequently asked questions regarding product publishing and selling on Etsy-POD
- Provide instructions on integrating your Etsy-POD shop with Printify-POD
Our knowledgeable and detail-oriented staff are here to ensure you have a successful experience when it comes to product publishing and selling on Etsy-POD.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve learned that publishing errors can occur when integrating Printify-POD and Etsy. It’s important to make sure store currency is set to USD for consistency. Adjusting retail prices to meet the minimum requirements is also necessary.
Statistically speaking, over $2 billion of merchandise have been sold on Etsy since its launch in 2005. So setting up your store correctly will increase chances of success. With the typically knowledge and support from Printify-POD customer service, you can avoid these common pitfalls and start selling successfully on Etsy!
If you have any questions or would like to read more about user feedback on Printify, or how to know ways for running a print-on-demand business, Kindly drop them at wlo-usa.org to get help. We’re happy to accompany all of you anytime you need.